Used all over the world, StudioTraps are a modified version of a TubeTrap, and are a powerful and versatile tool for the recording industry. StudioTraps are not only broadband sound absorbers, but also provide the broadest band of diffusion of any TubeTrap product. StudioTraps ship with built-in stands to adjust height as needed, and color can be chosen to match nearly any room decor.
All You Need is 8 and You Are on Your Way to Create!
With a starter pack of 8 StudioTraps, you do not need to build a recording studio or halt production because of ongoing construction. With StudioTraps you do not need to construct a vocal booth either.
Simply surround the talent with 8 StudioTraps to form a Quick Sound Field, an acoustic chamber free of room resonance and early reflections. Mic up the talent, hit record and begin tracking your vocals, guitars, drums, violins, sax, trombone, harmonica, tambourine, accordion, you name it-even a hurdy-gurdy!
An Integral Part of the Organic Recording Process
From recording to mix-down, the StudioTrap is an integral part of the organic recording process
When you are done tracking you can move the StudioTraps beside your monitors to build a AttackWall, to form a clear and balanced mixing environment free of early reflections. With a set of 8 studio traps placed behind your digital audio workstation, making choices and making adjustments to levels behind the mixing board is simplified.
StudioTraps are fully fiber-sealed in acoustically transparent micromesh. Their unique characteristics make them powerful and versatile tools for use throughout all aspects of the recording process. Your ears will certainly tell you that the traps are working. StudioTraps are not only broadband sound absorbers, but also provide the broadest band of diffusion of any TubeTrap product.
The StudioTrap has been fine-tuned by our engineers to professional standards.
Watch this assembly video.
Watch this stand troubleshooting video.
- Sturdy exoskeleton
- Tunable ambient brightness
- Adjustable wide angle diffusion
- Adjustable height
- Tripod foot allows tight nesting
- GreenGuard certified core
- fiber-sealed construction
- 100% recycled finish fabric (Guilford of Maine)
- Adjustable diffusion prevents “dead room”
- Adjustable full bandwidth absorption (dynamic)
- control excess reverberation and mid bass mud
- Sturdy exoskeleton makes it dent resistant for easy placement
- Mitigate comb filtering
- Improves signal to acoustic room noise ratio (room to primary signal)
- Non resonant construction
- Light weight for easy transport
- Vocal recording
- Instrument recording
- In the control room: “take the room out of the mix”
- Pseudo-soffiting of mid and near-field monitors
- Assemble ASC AttackWall
- Assemble ASC QuickSoundField