Draw your Hifi room design on some paper and take photos, just keep it simple!
This is really just about the dimensions and shape of the room, and nothing more. If you have something fancy like blueprints or a CAD drawing, by all means send it, but it’s probably overkill. Remember to include with your Hifi room design:
- LxWxH of the room
- Ceiling details: flat, sloped, open top, etc…
- Listening position
- Speaker position(s)
- Include doors, windows, openings, large furniture and fixtures
- Wall construction type (sheetrock, plaster, brick)
- Any additional details, be thorough!
Take overlapping photos of the entire room, for a 360° view.
Vertical shots are better than horizontal, so we can see where the walls meet the ceiling.
- The more photos the better!
- Stand back as far as possible from each wall
- Shoot vertical shots (portrait)
- Start at one corner and continue all the way around the room
- Include a video of the room as you walk through it
- Take shots of the ceiling as well, and extras of any complex areas such as alcoves and curved walls. Too many photos is better than too few.
- This reveals the surfaces we are dealing with, and together with the dimensions is enough to understand how sound is interacting in your room.
Email Floorplan & Photos to ASC
Please include the following details in the body of your email:
- Order number
- Phone number where we can contact you
- Make and model of your speakers