Draw your Hifi Room Design on some paper and take a photos! … Just keep it simple!
This is really just about the dimensions and shape of the room, and nothing more. If you have something fancy like blue-prints or a CAD drawing, by all means send it, but it’s probably overkill. Remember to include with your Hifi Room Design:
- LxWxH of the room
- Ceiling Details: flat, sloped, open top, etc…
- Listening position
- Speaker position(s)
- Include doors, windows, opening, large furniture and fixtures
- Wall construction type (sheetrock, plaster, brick)
- Any additional details, be thourough!
Take overlapping photos of the entire room, for a 360° view.
Vertical shots are better than horizontal, so we can see where the walls meet the ceiling.
- The more photos the better!
- Stand back as far as possible from each wall
- Shoot vertical shots (portrait)
- Start at one corner and continue all the way around the room
- Include a VIDEO of the room as you walk through it
- Take shots of the ceiling as well, and extras of any complex areas such as alcoves and curved walls. Too many photos is better than too few.
- This reveals the surfaces we are dealing with, and together with the dimensions is enough to understand how sound is interacting in your room.
Email Floorplan & Photos to ASC
Please include the following details in the body of your email:
- Order Number
- Phone Number where we can contact you
- Make and model of your speakers